Round Mountain Elementary staff will strive to find the full potential of each child through aligning instruction to match the Common Core State Standards, daily reinforcement of math facts, implement a Walk To Read program to increase vocabulary and comprehension skills, and reinforce writing traits. This will strengthen our commitment to educating and preparing students for a competitive, changing world.
We believe that the most promising strategy for achieving the mission of Round Mountain Schools is to be a Professional Learning Community. We envision a school in which staff:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the academic success and general well-being of all students;
- Work together in collaborative teams;
- Seek to implement promising strategies for improving student achievement on a continuing basis by monitoring each student's progress.
Our Shared Commitment
- We will provide and encouraging atmosphere that reflects individual learning needs and potential.
- We will treat all persons involved in the learning environment with mutual respect.
- Through frequent collaboration, we will seek out best practices for student learning and assessment.
- We will use a variety of instructional strategies and develop common assessment to measure master of essential standards.
- We will encourage parent involvement through open communication.
- We will model and value lifelong learning.
- To improve student performance in Language Arts in K-5 as measured by performance on state and national assessments.
- To improve performance in Reading in grades K-5 as measured by performance on state and national assessments.
- To decrease the number of classroom behavior referrals.